Our Building Is Open with COVID-19 Safeguards In Place
The health and safety of our patrons and staff remain our priority as we carefully follow guidance from the IDPH and the DuPage County Health Department.
COVID-19 is highly contagious. If you feel ill, do not enter the library, stay home and call your doctor. You may contact the DuPage Health Department for COVID-19 Testing at 630-682-7400.
Anyone entering the building, visitors and staff, must wear a cloth face covering or mask as required by the State of Illinois
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed: stay six feet away from others and observe floor markings and signs at service desks and throughout the building
- Space capacity limits will be observed, for the building and for the 2nd floor Children's Department: during peak times visitors may be asked to return later on
- Chairs and seating areas are limited
- Meeting and study rooms are not available
- Limited computer stations are available; reservations are not taken
- Patrons may check with the Circulation Desk for laptop/Chromebook availability for use at the Library
- Interactive toys, puzzles & learning kits have been removed
- Returned materials are held in a quarantine before check-in, with minimal handling by staff and no access to the public
- Cleaning and disinfection practices (and products) recommended by the CDC are being followed throughout the building, including frequent disinfection of high-touch surfaces
- Donations are not being accepted at this time
- Staff, library volunteers and patrons are asked to maintain safe practices that include frequent handwashing and stay home/do not enter the library if you are sick, experiencing symptoms or suspect you may have been exposed to COVID-19
- In-person library programs are not being scheduled; Children's Summer Reading buttons and prizes will be distributed between August 3 and August 31
Available library resources and services include:
All collections including, but not limited to, books (New, Best Sellers, Large Type), magazines and other media (DVDs, Blu-rays, Audiobooks, Video Games) are open for browsing and checkout
- Staff available for assistance in-person, by phone and via email
- Library technology resources are available including: fax/scan/copy and printer access, along with wi-fi access and limited computer stations
- Friends of the Library Book Sale is open
Digital Library Card--get access to ebooks, digital magazines, music and movies & training.
Our Best At Home: Digital Cards, Free Movies, E-Books, Music -- We have more e-books and audiobooks, and added new Movie streaming with Kanopy.