1) To access most databases, your browser should be set to do the following.
2) Try clearing (deleting) the cookies on your computer, closing your browser, opening your browser, then accessing the online database again through the Library's Web site.
3) Most of the Library's online databases are accessible remotely. However, the Library's license agreements with the online resource providers restrict remote access to individuals holding a valid Woodridge Public Library card.
4) Patrons using personal firewalls may experience difficulties connecting to online databases. If you have problems, try temporarily disabling your firewall. If you are then able to access the online database, enable your firewall. Because of the wide variety of firewalls in use, Library staff are unable to provide technical support related to turning off or configuring firewalls. Please refer to the documentation that came with your firewall or your firewall's online help.
5) Do not bookmark a particular resource or add it to your "favorites" list in your browser. You must access databases by clicking on the links located on the Library's web pages.
6) If you are experiencing problems accessing a database from a computer in your office or school, please contact your Computer Department for assistance.
7) With the exception of NetLibrary, you should never be prompted to enter a username and password, only your library card number.
8) Before you can check out NetLibrary ebooks you will need to create an account from a computer within the Library (or you can call the Reference Desk and we can set up an account over the telephone). Once your account is set up, eAudiobooks can be checked out and downloaded to computers in the library or to your personal computer at home.
9) Need more help using NetLibrary? Read through NetLibrary's Frequently Asked Questions or call NetLibrary's support team at 1-800-848-5800.
10) Please contact us at 630-964-7899 if you continue to have access problems.