The Children’s Department maintains a Parent/Teacher Collection which contains a variety of materials for home and classroom use.
What can be found here for parents?
- Information on developmental stages of children
- Toilet training techniques
- Ideas for children’s parties for home and school
- How to discuss the facts of life with your child
- Help in handling discipline issues
- Ideas and ways to help your child with homework
- Activities to do with children
- Homeschooling ideas
Selected Web Sites of Interest to Parents
Browse our list of sites of particular interest to parents, including KidsHealth, PBS Parents and many more.
What can be found here for teachers?
- Information on using the Internet with students
- Curriculum ideas
- Materials to enhance the classroom experience
- Multicultural materials
What can the Children’s Staff do for you?
- Let us know if your class is doing a special assignment and we can put aside books for students to use
- Tours of the library to meet the needs of your class
- A visit to your classroom, based on your needs
- Kid Packs - books based on your criteria, selected for you by staff
- Special assignment collection, for checkout or in-house use
Selected Web Sites of Interest to Teachers
Browse our list of sites useful to educators, including Kathy Schrock's (Web) Guide for Educator's, PBS Teachers and many more.